Friday, January 21, 2011

My word for 2011




Most bloggers pick a word each year to be their word for the year.  After a lot of thought the word I picked for this year is "BELIEVE". I did it in caps, because that word for me is key. I realised this year that on many levels I don't really believe, I am capable of positive change concerning certain aspects of my life.  Mainly where my relationship with food is concerned. I have a unhealthy relationship with food sometimes. I say sometimes, because sometimes I eat pretty healthy, and don't overeat.
Sometimes I "use" food to distract and protect and comfort myself and food is supposed to be fuel for my body. I think it is okay to love food, to enjoy to cook and eat delicious food, however to use food to fill the gaps that are supposed to be filled emotionally only serves to make the use of food in this way harmful. I have failed so many times to make healthy changes where food is concerned in the past , but this year I am educating myself by reading many books on food issues, and treating myself gently where these issues are concerned. I think if I can learn to believe in myself and trust myself more, that I can once and for all, resolve this issue for me. Part of that process is educating myself on these issues and finding my own path to health and wellness. I'm about to be 57 years old on Valentines day and I am so ready to resolve this so I can live the rest of my life without this issue that has plagued me for so many years.


BELIEVE


peace and blessings
Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment