Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Anyone have an oil can?



I have osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia, and there are days I feel like the tin man from "The Wizard Of Oz" movie. I feel like I need a oil can to lubricate all my stiff joints. I don't talk about the pain very often, because I don't want to be "that person" that only complains about their ills. I know some of this is genetic because my mom and her dad had it so severely. The fibro is a result of my having had treatments for cancer five years ago. At least that's when the worst of the symptoms began. I survived the cancer (so far) but the aftereffects of the radiation, not so pleasant. I try to take care of myself and do some of the therapies I  know will help, such as massage, hot showers, Advil, and rest. A few of the things that help my symptoms. I've come too far to let pain keep me down for long, but some days it just hurts and theres no getting around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment