Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fall Comes

I love fall.  I love that it gets cooler.  Summer in Texas is fun , but oh so HOT !
 I am loving today it is raining a soft gentle rain and the air is cooler.  I have all the windows open in the house and the ceiling fans are on. The dogs are loving that I have the doors open (with baby gate for safety) so they can look out and sniff the air. I am loving all the things that come with fall such as the state fair we are going to tomorrow and  Halloween coming and all the other holidays to soon follow. It will mean pots of homemade soups and chili and baking sweet treats. Family birthdays and gatherings.  The leaves on my red oak tree will turn magenta and then fall, covering my entire front yard with a blanket of leaves.  I love each season for it's own gifts but fall has to be my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment